Energy Healing and Bodywork Treatments including Swedish Massage:
In an age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine, energy healing and bodywork treatments can offer a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Energy healing or energy medicine can help the body heal. Disease results from an imbalance or blockage in our body’s vital energy. By removing the blockage or stimulating the flow of energy, our body can naturally heal itself. So what exactly are the benefits to receiving regular energy and bodywork treatments?
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time, helps prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Releases endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improves range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion